Pediatric Chiropractic Care
The process of being born, even non-traumatic births or ones without any interventions, places stress on the baby’s neck (cervical spine) and cranial bones. Several studies have shown that about 90% of babies suffer from the effects of birth trauma to the cervical spine and cranium. These stresses create abnormal motion or misalignments in the spine which cause problems with the nervous system. If the nervous system is not functioning optimally, the baby’s spinal growth and neurological development can be impacted.
Here are some signs that your baby may be dealing with spinal stress or neural dysfunction:
- Birth trauma
- Sleep issues
- Colic or Irritability or Fussiness
- Dislike of tummy time
- Torticollis or tilting head to one side
- Difficulty Breastfeeding or Latching
- Tongue or lip ties
- Delayed Developmental Milestones (holding up head, rolling over, sitting upright, crawling)
- Abnormal head shape
It is important to have your baby assessed by a chiropractor to ensure that spinal subluxations are not preventing them from developing optimally and thriving.
In the first five years of life, 90% of your child’s nervous system will grow and develop. Having them checked regularly by Dr. Timmie can help prevent chronic problems in the future, allow the nervous system to continue growing without the stress of spinal subluxation, also allowing the rest of the body and brain to function better.
Some specific signs that your child may be dealing with spinal stress and neural dysfunction are:
- Learning difficulties/ADHD/ADD
- Sensory issues (sensitive to loud noises, clothes/textures, picky eater/dislike of certain foods)
- GI stress (IBS, constipation, diarrhea)
- Poor posture
- Poor immune system function (frequent colds, ear infections, etc)
Dr. Timmie and Dr. Melissa are trained in pediatric adjusting through the ICPA and can help restore normal function to your child’s spine and nervous system.